Monday, August 27, 2012

Freshman Move-In Day!

Converse faculty and staff pitched in to help the Class of 2016 move in on campus. I loved being a part of this fun tradition. Connecting to the students reminded me why I felt called to work in higher education. I witnessed the day their lives will change forever! I hope that in some small (or large!) way I can improve the quality or comfort of their new world. Through my previous work with government officials, non-profits, and highly-visible organizations, I have recognized my talent to be a kind ambassador during times of transition. I'm well-schooled in the art of hospitality (etiquette school, beginning at age 7) but it comes natural to me and I truly enjoy it. I see this trait reflected in the way I work on publications—I want to smooth the way to communicate with the reader as beautifully and efficiently as possible.
Holding up the walls of the Williams residence hall on move-in day!

Converse College Move-In Slide Show

No comments:

Post a Comment