Sunday, January 21, 2018

Grant writing presentation


This was fun. I've been writing grants for about 12 years. In the last six years I've written grants as part of my job and it's been at a very fast pace. I've written hundreds of grants (one day I'm going to try to count them). I realize most people write a few a year for their organization. If you are a full-time grant writer, you may get close to 75-ish a year. My record was 19 grants in one month. That left scars. Surprisingly, we got a number of those grants but I wouldn't recommend it. My little bit of advice is that whether you've written one grant or 10 or 100 grants, you learn something new with each opportunity. Create a structure so that you apply your lessons to the next grant . . . and the next. We are all doing good work. The key to getting a grant award is to tell your story well enough that your funder knows your story as well as you do, and it's a story they care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment