Sunday, January 7, 2018

My kids

Legacy's first appearance in the Greenville Christmas parade was thrilling for me. I stood in the crowd talking about my kids and had a whole corner of strangers on Main Street ready to cheer for the Lions. As the purple float came into view, one after another of my new friends shouted "Hear they come!" I jumped out into the parade route screaming and taking cell phone photos. After the float passed, I was asked "Which kid was yours?" I answered, "All of them!" The crowd erupted with laughter; they all thought I was excited about having a child from my family in the parade. I am so fortunate to know 1350 kids that I help each day reach their full potential. The kids love to take selfies. Here are a few:









I am often taking photos for the school but occasionally I am in a photograph. Below was captured by a photographer at a luncheon when my mentee told me she received a $30K scholarship to Benedict College!



1 comment: