Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Determination

It's been about three weeks since my husband and I both finally had the courage to say to each other (at the same time), "Let's move to SC!" And then the next day when we both said, "I'm not kidding!" The idea has obviously been percolating for some time but the decision has been sudden and definitive. We have not wavered in our commitment, despite the obstacles we know we are facing—getting jobs, selling the house, buying a house, the physical move, etc. We feel this is what we are supposed to be doing and there's some comfort in our resolve on the days when our cheerfulness is tested. Our goal is to do a little each day and slowly get up the mountain!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looking back at this posting, a mere three weeks after our decision, is enlightening. We had so much before us. Even though I am still searching for the perfect job, we HAVE moved forward. We now have a home in Simpsonville. I've made so many contacts in South Carolina that I now have a huge friendship and professional base. I know more about what's going on in the Upstate than people who are living there do! We have a strong potential buyer for our house here and he is just waiting for us to give him the word that we are ready to move. Meanwhile, we are cleaning out and having yard sales, etc. to reduce what we will be moving. I've also lined up a few volunteer opportunities for myself that I am very excited about!

    ReplyDelete