Monday, March 28, 2011

Thanks, but no thanks.

I’ve been closely following Greenville’s growth for years now and have watched many companies and individuals contribute to that growth. I’m not talking about population, I’m talking about the depth of the community in terms of services for the common good, preservation of Greenville’s resources, improvement in education/more education possibilities, and an expansion of the arts. When I started my relocation efforts, I already had many organizations in mind that I had followed and admired. I researched those organizations more and if I still admired them, I’ve been sending them query letters. I'm not blanketing the upstate with my résumé, I am very deliberately and strategically aiming at targets. I admit, I’m not sure how I would fit into some of these organizations but if they are promoting, preserving, or otherwise celebrating my Greenville, then I want to be part of their efforts. Since I’m not applying for specific positions in most cases, I’m sure to receive many “thanks, but no thanks” replies. I received my first one Friday—evidence that I made contact. It’s a good sign (I think).   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment